FAQ# 2120: How do I open a serial cash drawer with command prompt?
How do I open a serial cash drawer with command prompt?
Using a command prompt to open a serial cash drawer is straightforward, please try the following steps:
- Check to see which COM port your cash drawer is attached to. To do this, open the Windows Device Manager (My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager). In the device manager, there should be a listing of individual ports.
- Go to the MS-DOS prompt. (Start > Type cmd and press Enter)
- If your drawer is connected to COM1, then type: copy con com1:
- Then press CTRL-G and hit the enter key
- Then press CTRL-Z and hit the enter key. Your drawer should pop open.
Need Help? We have answers to all your needs!
This question is associated with products:
MMF Cash Drawer Advantage Featuring some of the best security and durability on the market, the MMF Advantage is a fantastic option for high-stakes retail and hospitality environments. The drawer itself offers multiple locking schemes, including one where only a manager can manually open the drawer. High durability components and a locking media slot make the MMF Advantage a class leader.
APG Vasario Series The APG Vasario's combination of durability and affordability makes it an ideal choice for bars, medium volume retailers, or anyone needing cash storage. Available in black or beige with a variety of till styles, the Vasario can meet the needs of retailers worldwide. The metal design and durable rollers in the Vasario ensure long term success in most normal day-to-day environments.