FAQ# 2128: My EVO-RD4-VFD isn't receiving power after I connected to my EVO-TP4 terminal. How can I fix this?
My EVO-RD4-VFD isn't receiving power after I connected to my EVO-TP4 terminal. How can I fix this?
After confirming that the station is turned off, make sure that the cable from the VFD display is plugged into the 12V COM port on the all-in-one station. That port is a powered COM port and should supply the display with power.
If it still isn't receiving power, the port may need to be enabled in the BIOS.
- To enable the port in the BIOS, turn on the computer (or reboot the computer if it's on).
- As soon as the first screen that appears, hit the Delete key to access the BIOS.
- Scroll to the right, and select the Advanced menu.
- In the Advanced menu, scroll down until you reach VGA/COM Power Configuration and press Enter.
- Make sure the COM port is enabled. If not, select the COM port and press enter. Highlight 12V and press enter.
- Select F10 to Save and Exit.