FAQ# 2132: How do I import inventory into Stock Manager?
How do I import inventory into Stock Manager?
Stock manager uses a delimited .CSV format which can be edited in excel for its import files. The easiest way to create a template for an import is to actually perform an export from the software in order to generate a .CSV in the correct format.
Creating an export:
- File > Export Inventory > Full File
Creating the import:
- Edit the rows with the correct information
- Avoid any commas or quotations in any of the fields
- Save the file
- If you're prompted that some features will be lost if you save as a CSV (Comma delimited). Click Yes to keep the format.
Importing the file:
- File > Import Inventory
- Click Browse and locate the saved .CSV for the import.
- Once the import is selected, click Test File
- There should be a preview for the file output created showing any errors in red.
- Click Import to complete the process.