Barcode Scanners Information
A barcode scanner is a device that reads a barcode, translates the data, and sends it to your computer as text, as if you had typed it on the keyboard. Barcode scanners can be used with many common applications, including Excel spreadsheets, databases, POS software, library applications, and inventory management software.
POSGuys offers a variety of barcode scanners with varying capabilities. We carry only quality barcode scanners from companies like: Motorola, POS-X, Honeywell, ID-Tech, Datalogic and Intermec.
To differentiate the various types of barcode scanners, we've divided them into eight categories:
- Entry Level - Have a short scanning range; great for light to medium use.
- Mid Level - Increased scanning range; ideal for medium to heavy use.
- Cordless - Can scan up to 300 ft from a pc; Usually use Bluetooth secure wireless technology.
- General Industrial - Long-range, rugged scanners, designed for heavy industrial use.
- Omni Directional - 360 degree scanning range; designed for high volume retail.
- In-Counter and Scale-integrated - 360 degree flatbed scanner; used for grocery applications.
- Imagers - Read 2-dimensional barcodes; provide long-range barcode scanning.
- Pen Style - contact scanning; light use.
For more in-depth information on choosing the right barcode scanner for your business needs, consult our Buying Guide, or call a member of our trained sales team at 1-800-903-6571.