Information on Receipt Printers
Receipt printers are an integral part of any point-of-sale solution. There are three major classes of receipt printer technology on the market today: impact, thermal, and inkjet. Most receipt printers use the direct thermal method. Thermal printers are our most popular, impact printers offer an affordable alternative, and inkjet printers offer advanced features.
POSGuys.com carries many popular POS receipt printers from manufacturers including Epson, POS-X, Star, Citizen, Ithaca, and Samsung. Epson receipt printers tend to be our most popular printer but thermal receipt printers from POS-X offer similar features and quality at lower prices. Both POS-X and Citizen offer printers that emulate Epson receipt printers. Star receipt printers are a fine alternative for tighter budgets.
Our POS printers can be purchased with a variety of interface options:
- USB connections - Popular and convenient;cable length is limited.
- Parallel connections - Old school ease of setup and reliability.
- Serial connections - Great for extended range kitchen setups.
- Ethernet connections - Create an IP addressable network printer.
- Wireless connections - Use WIFI (802.11b) or BlueTooth technology.